AIR Contact Information Information We Collect We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through: – The Services you use or processing your orders – Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise – Your participation in sweepstakes, contests, or surveys – Any reviews that you submit about the Services – Account registration and administration of your account – Uploads or posts to the Services – Requests for customer support and technical assistance Information about you. While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes: – Email address – Name, if you choose to provide it – Log-in credentials, if you create an AIR account – Billing information, such as shipping address of a gift card recipient, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date – Information about purchases or other transactions with us – Information about your customer service interactions with us – Demographic information such as your gender or other information you choose to provide as part of your AIR profile – User-generated content you post in public forums such as when you comment on or review a class – Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services Information about others. If you request that your purchase be provided to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfill the shipment.
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf) may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information. Websites. When you use our website, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information. Mobile Applications and Software. When you use an AIR mobile application or software, we automatically receive certain information about the mobile phone, tablet, or computer used to access the application or software, including device identifiers, IP address, operating system, version, Internet service provider, browser type, domain name and other similar information, whether and when you update the app, date and time of use, and how you use the app. Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device.
4. Information We Collect from Others We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES To collect the information in the “Information We Collect Through Automated Means” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site that enable us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods. Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
1. Types of Information Collected and Reasons for Collection Cookies help us to better understand your expectations of our Site and, as a result, allow us, among other strategies, to offer our visitors a pleasant and sustainable experience. Here are examples of the types of information that we collect through Cookies:
– The number of users visiting the AIR Site, the frequency with which the Site was viewed, the pages viewed, the clicks made on the Site and the total duration of navigation on the Site; – The name of the website visited prior to the AIR Site; – Whether you are visiting our Site for the first time or not; – Your viewing preferences (e.g. layout, sizing preferences, language etc.); – Your purchases and your orders; and – Your user name, your password, the type of browser used and your IP address, so that we can identify you during your next visits.
In addition, Cookies allow us to do the following:
– Customise your visit: We may use information collected during your visit to facilitate your next visit to our Site; – Customise the advertising and marketing messages that appear on the Site, whether ours or those of third parties; and – Analyse customer trends: We compile information on individual Site visits and analyse them as a whole in aggregated form.
Type of Cookies We Use We use first-party and third-party Cookies for several reasons. Some Cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Site to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” Cookies. Other Cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users and to enhance the experience on our Site. Third parties also serve Cookies through our Site for advertising, analytics and other purposes. The specific types of first and third party Cookies served through our Site and the purposes they perform are described in more detail below.
First-party Cookies These cookies are created by AIR. They are, for the most part, used to allow you to browse our Site and use its features. First-party cookies include: – Essential Website Cookies: These Cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Site and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. – Functional Cookies: These Cookies allow you to browse our Site or benefit from some of its features, such as memorizing language preferences or placing orders online. – Analytics Cookies: These Cookies allow us to collect statistics (aggregated and anonymous) on the usage of the Site by you and other visitors. This information helps us improve the features offered on its Site.
Third-party Cookies In addition to our proprietary Cookies, some third-party and affiliated companies may place Cookies on your computer, access them and associate web beacons with them. These Cookies enable third-party features or functionalities to be provided on or through the Site. The parties that set these third-party Cookies can recognize your device both when it visits our Site and also when it visits certain other websites. Third-party cookies include:
Functional Cookies: These Cookies are defined by third parties who support our Site and they allow you to use useful services and features, such as instant messaging support.
Online Behavioural Advertising Cookies: These Cookies are defined by our advertising partners and collect data about your browsing habits, as well as your preferences for products and services. This information allows AIR and the ad networks that we work with to display relevant ads on the most relevant pages of partner sites and the AIR Site. For example, third parties or affiliates may manage AIR advertising programmes on a non-AIR site.
Duration of Storage of Cookies on Your Device The duration of storage of Cookies on your device may vary, depending on the category to which they belong: temporary or permanent.
Temporary Cookies We use temporary Cookies on all of our secure pages to assign and register a session ID. This identifier is also used for internal reporting purposes. It does not allow us to identify you personally by name and this type of Cookie does not leave any information recoverable on your hard drive. Most of our proprietary Cookies fall into this category and expire when you close your Internet browser.
Permanent Cookies Our first-party Cookies and third-party Cookies are permanent Cookies. They allow us to understand visitors’ browsing behaviour over a longer period of time or to provide you with additional features related to your Site customisation requests and the content that you have saved or stored. They can stay on your computer for 24 hours, a week or several years, depending on their function. This means that these Cookies survive after your browser is closed and can be used by our Site to recognize your computer when you re-open your browser later.
Cookie Management We only place Cookies on your device after you give us permission.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING 1. Analytics We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you receive an email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
3. Notice Concerning Do Not Track Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
1. Your Legal Rights If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws (e.g., in the EU) may permit you to request that we: – provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you – prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling) – update information which is out of date or incorrect – delete certain information which we are holding about you – restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information – transfer your information to a third party provider of services – revoke your consent for the processing of your information We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AIR takes technical and organizational security measures to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to AIR via the Internet.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of “personal information” (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. AIR does not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.